People ask about the graphic files for the labels from time to time, so I decided to dump them here. First off are some famicom labels and a NES label:
Just a quick one: I’ve made a patch for Live A Live so it can played on NTSC and PAL systems.
I’m uploading it on this site and to my favourite source for hacks and translations, romhacking.net! 🙂
Patches Live a Live to be played on PAL and NTSC systems.
Works with every version of the game, patched to english or not.
Greetings and love to Maxi and the boys,
Download the patch here.
You need the beat patcher to patch your rom, which can be found right here.
I just did a repro of Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun and documented the process. To make things easier for me I’ll call the game “Kid Dracula” in the following article 😉
The best donor for Kid Dracula is Tiny Toon Adventures タイニートゥーンアドベンチャーズ .
It got the same mapper as Kid Dracula and needs just some minor rewiring.
You can use Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles チイーネーソ ミュータント ニンジャ タートルス oder Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Manhattan Project チイーネーソ ミュータント ニンジャ タートルス ザマンハッタンプロジェクト, but you’ll face some more modification of the donor with these.
Alll games are based on Konami’s mapper “VRC IV”.
You can use a Parodius Da! パロディウスだ！or Crisis Force クライシスフォース as well, but these games are pricey 🙂
Moved servers, everything should be working again.
A friend just sent a strategy guide for Mother (Famicom) from japan. Since the book looks quite nice I’ve scanned its cover. Maybe someone wants to use it as a wallpaper or something.
Warning, the pictures are quite huge!
Direct links to the images:
Up until now I have been buying solder flux bottles and put it on the pcb with cotton swabs. Unfortunatly parts of the swabs coma loose and entangle themselves in components. In addition to that it felt kinda wrong to use cotton swabs to put the flux on. That’s why I’m switching to solder pens now – and compare three of them in this post,
These are the pens I bought off ebay. The number in the bottom right corner helps identify them in the upcoming rating:
I just added another NES bootleg to the database. Click!
Recently, I stumbled upon a fantastic hack for the Famicom/NES. After playing the games for several hours in an emulator I decided to build a cartridge for it to play the game on the actaual hardware.
The hack is called “Zelda – The Legend of Link”, made by infidelity.
You can find a lot of info and behind the scenes insights in the official thread: Click!
In this post I’ll show how I built the cartridge. If you got any questions feel free to ask me!
I’ll translate every post of this site as I just discovered that most of my visitors aren’t fluent in German 🙂